We’ve observed that people generally fall into one of three groups: Those who love AI, those who hate it, and those who don’t know enough about it to make an informed decision. Many believe that AI is just for text generation (like blogs and social media captions) and chatbots. In fact, AI has more far-reaching benefits, especially for your marketing teams.
Image generation, sales forecasting, and campaign optimization are just a few ways marketing teams can benefit from using AI in day-to-day processes. Beyond that, truly understanding your customers can help marketing teams unlock data-driven intelligence to understand how and why customers convert.
Keep reading to learn the top 10 ways marketing teams can up-level their efforts with AI tools.
- The importance of using AI in business
- How can marketing teams use AI
- 1. Enhancing customer personalization
- 2. Predictive analytics for campaign optimization
- 3. Customer feedback analysis
- 4. Dynamic pricing and sales forecasting
- 5. Visual recognition for brand management
- 6. Customer support
- 7. Image generation
- 8. Enhanced email marketing
- 9. SEO and SEM enhancement
- 10. Content distribution
- Can AI replace blogging?
- How Idiomatic’s AI can support your marketing strategy
The importance of using AI in business
AI isn’t essential for businesses, but it can make your job much easier. Artificial intelligence can be used in many ways including:
- Generating content.
- Learning more about your customers.
- Helping with branding.
- Writing code.
- Preventing fraud.
- Recommending content to users.
- Answering customer questions.
You can do all these things manually, but AI helps you do it faster and with greater accuracy.
How can marketing teams use AI
Here are the top 10 ways your marketing team can benefit from using AI:
1. Enhancing customer personalization
Artificial intelligence can be a powerful tool to help you personalize and optimize the customer journey and experience through:
- Customer segmentation: AI algorithms can use machine learning to learn about your business and customers and suggest the best ways to segment them for retargeting your marketing.
- Personalized recommendations: Based on your customer segmentation and history, AI can detect which audience demographics will likely purchase an upsell and when. This information can be used to present targeted ads and content to this demographic.
- Chatbots: Chatbots can be personalized by including information about your customers and personalize the experience by using the customer’s name, preferences, purchase history, and other customer information within the chat.
Try this AI tool: Jasper Chat
2. Predictive analytics for campaign optimization
Predicting how your customers will respond is critical to your business planning and success. AI can look at your data points and predict future behavior based on demographics or past customer actions.
With this information, you can design marketing campaigns around your customer’s pain points and needs, in addition to optimizing the content and offers to those likely to succeed.
Try this AI tool: IBM Predictive Analytics
3. Customer feedback analysis
There’s a difference between reading customer feedback and understanding the core of what they mean. When you know the root cause of your customers’ pain points, you can make changes or personalization to improve the customer experience.
Many marketers rely on surveys to get customer feedback, but the limitation with this is the feedback given is only as good as the questions asked. With AI, you can analyze all customer feedback sources without structured questions, freeing yourself from the confines of surveys and allowing you to see the full picture of the customer. You’ll need a sophisticated program to do this, though, which is where Idiomatic comes in.
Idiomatic gives you the best-in-class machine learning models customized to your business that get to the root cause of customer feedback. This means customer feedback is labeled more precisely, customized to the context of your business—rather than general, high-level tags. This more accurate tagging enables the AI to provide you with highly specific and data-backed insights that are actionable and easy for your team to interpret and act on to increase customer satisfaction.
👉 Don’t let valuable customer feedback slip through the cracks. Discover Idiomatic and transform raw feedback into actionable insights.
Try this AI tool: Idiomatic is best-in-class for analyzing customer feedback and providing accurate insights and recommendations.
4. Dynamic pricing and sales forecasting
AI can analyze your historical sales data, trends in the market, and other factors relevant to your business, including the same information about your competitors. With this, you’ll better understand your sales trends so you can adjust pricing to balance demand and predict future sales. AI can also suggest ideal dynamic pricing for your products, based on which customer segments are likely to purchase them. This can be used to personalize marketing materials like emails, ads, and dynamic website content.
Try this AI tool: Aviso
5. Visual recognition for brand management
Artificial intelligence tools can be used to monitor your brand online, including using your visual assets. In today’s “everything is online” world, it’s easy for someone to steal your images, create product knock-offs, and use your digital assets and logo without your permission. Keeping track of your digital assets online is essential to ensure no one is misrepresenting your brand or tarnishing your reputation.
Artificial intelligence tools can search the web when your visual content is used online without your permission. This can also be used to understand better how people talk about your brand online.
Try this AI tool: Amazon Recognition
6. Customer support
AI can be used to analyze support tickets and customer service transcripts to learn more about your customers. Based on what you learn about their most common pain points, you can design marketing or e-learning campaigns and content to alleviate these types of customer struggles.
The best way to do this is to use an AI-driven customer feedback analysis software like Idiomatic. Idiomatic tracks and analyzes all your customer feedback channels, including email, live chat, phone transcripts, social media comments, app reviews, and more, distilling customer feedback data into one centralized location. This allows you to understand customer sentiment and identify trends and take action accordingly.
7. Image generation
Using AI to generate original images is gaining popularity and recognition in the business world, as it results in less billable time used for image creation and fewer operational costs associated with photoshoots. Tools like Midjourney (and now ChatGPT), for example, use descriptive text prompts and modifiers to instantly generate high-quality, royalty-free images that can be used in blog articles, ads, emails, and other marketing materials. You can go a step further by A/B testing and analyzing customer behavior to understand what types of images increase conversions, using AI image generators to quickly double down on what’s working.
Try this AI tool: Midjourney
8. Enhanced email marketing
Marketers love email marketing because of its native personalization options (like dynamically inserting the subscriber’s name in the email body). Basic email marketing can input content from database fields, but artificial intelligence can add hyper-dynamic content based on what’s more likely to convert for specific customers.
You can also use machine learning to train your AI to segment your email subscribers into groups for more specific targeted campaigns, to predict the best times to send to increase open rates and conversions, and personalize content like product recommendations.
Try this AI tool: Seventh Sense
9. SEO and SEM enhancement
The world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Search Engine Marketing (SEM) can seem overwhelming and confusing. With AI tools like ChatGPT supporting your SEO and SEM efforts, you can get support to:
- Generate high-performing keyword lists to target through organic or paid channels.
- Make predictions regarding the success of potential marketing campaigns so you can allocate budgets and resources for the greatest impact.
- Help generate content (or content ideas) that will rank high for your chosen keywords.
- A/B test responsive search ad copy.
- Write sales copy using marketing frameworks.
Having said this, AI should be a tool to support your SEO and SEM efforts—not a replacement. Use ChatGPT to get your creative juices flowing, then use your expertise to validate.
Try this AI tool: ChatGPT
10. Content distribution
When your marketing team has spent significant time and money writing good content, you want to distribute it far and wide to get the highest ROI possible. AI can help inform your content distribution strategy and tracking by:
- Suggesting what groups or content sites to target based on your audience demographics, content theme, and marketing goals.
- Showing your website visitors content and images tailored to their browsing behaviour, customer profile and data points.
- Suggesting the best platforms and times to publish your content (especially helpful for social media and blog posting).
Try this AI tool: Hootsuite Social Media Scheduler
Can AI replace blogging?
Artificial intelligence is best used to complement your existing marketing efforts, not replace them entirely. For example, many companies use AI to write their blogs without editing or customizing them. While this helps you churn out more content than writing original content yourself, you miss including the hyper-personalized (to your business) content and perspectives that only a human copywriter can add to the piece.
Instead, we recommend using AI as a brainstorming or planning tool to support your human copywriters, not replace them entirely. This hybrid approach helps ensure you’re always creating content in your brand voice that includes stories and perspectives only you can tell.
How Idiomatic’s AI can support your marketing strategy
Idiomatic is an AI-driven customer intelligence platform that helps marketing teams leverage customer feedback, by identifying customer pain points, drivers, and sentiment. Idiomatic uses a customized AI model to your business’s needs to unlock specific insights relevant to your business. With Idiomatic, you can:
- Identify which messaging resonates most with customers.
- Get a complete, data-driven voice of customer picture.
- Analyze feedback from all sources, including custom CSVs and surveys.
- Filter issues based on keywords, viewing sentiment around those specific keywords.
- Get granular insights on customer sentiment according to feedback channels (social media, app reviews, support tickets etc.).
- Visualize daily, weekly, and monthly trends with custom reports.
Idiomatic is a best-in-class product to handle your unique and diverse customer feedback sources quickly and accurately. Unlike other customer feedback analysis software that uses generic language models, Idiomatic is custom-built for you using contextual machine learning, so it more accurately represents your business needs and unique language in your industry.
Whether your feedback channels include surveys, social media, emails, chatbots, app reviews, or even phone calls, Idiomatic allows you to centralize all customer feedback data to get the most holistic view of which marketing campaigns are resonating, what messaging leads to conversions, and where your marketing efforts should be improved on.
Are you ready to take your marketing to the next level with AI-driven insights? Book a free custom demo to get started.