Last updated: 3/1/2016
Data Collected by Idiomatic
- Data collected via the Idiomatic Website.
Our Website is designed for our Clients and prospective Clients to better understand the Service, register for the Service, and use the Service. The information we obtain via the Website includes:
- Client-Provided Information: When a Client registers to utilize the Service via the Website, we will ask them to provide personally identifiable information such as a first name, last name, job title, and email address. Clients may also choose to provide personally identifiable information to Idiomatic such as mailing addresses or phone number, when they send an email to Idiomatic, when they update the information previously provided to Idiomatic, or at other times when they access the Website.
- Data collected via the Idiomatic Service.
The information collected via the Service Includes:
- Client-Provided Information: Most of our Clients share information with us via an Application Programming Interface (“API”). While our Clients control the information they provide to our Service, and each Client shares different pieces of information with us, the types of information they share generally includes information collected from the customer service tickets written in by their Users visiting their Sites. For example, Clients may provide us with:
- Personally identifiable information such as email addresses, postal addresses, user login name or other unique customer identifiers and telephone numbers.
- Information about User’s behavior on their Sites as well as other Site-specific metadata.
- Site communication information such as certain User feedback provided on Sites, including comments their Users submit through such Sites (including the contents of private messages and information pertaining to the recipient of such messages).
We generally don’t place limits on the types of information that our Clients may provide to us, but do ask our Clients to refrain from providing us with sensitive information such as information they knowingly collect from persons under 13, complete credit and debit card numbers, social security numbers and other government identifiers.
- Data collected via use of the Idiomatic Website and/or Service.
Generally, we track and monitor User and Client behavior and interactions with the Idiomatic Website and Service. These activities include:
- Automatically Collected Information: When Users or Clients access the Website, Idiomatic will automatically record certain information about or related to their use of the Website or Service that is made available through their computer or other device such as an IP address, information about their computer’s operating system, pages visited on the Website, information that may enable Idiomatic to approximate their location, web pages or sites they visited just before or just after visiting the Website, the pages or screens accessed via the Website, the dates and times Users or Clients access the Website, and other information about how the Website is utilized. This information is collected through the use of technologies such as standard log files, cookies, and other anonymous identifiers.
- Cookie Information: One form of “automatically collected” information we may record is information stored by “cookies” which are small text files placed onto a computer or device. When Users access the Website, Idiomatic and our third-party analytics and site optimization partners may send one or more cookies to their respective computers or other devices. By using cookies with values that are unique, Idiomatic may be able to uniquely identify a computer or device when a User or Client visits the Website for analytics purposes or to help our Website function better. Idiomatic may use both “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information.
Protection of Data Collected by Idiomatic
Idiomatic stores and processes information maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We maintain physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems and use safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We enforce physical access controls to our buildings, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill the responsibilities of their jobs.
Use of Data Collected by Idiomatic
Idiomatic uses the information obtained via the Website to develop, support, maintain, enhance, and operate the Website, to analyze and develop our marketing and product strategies, to contact Clients and prospective Clients for marketing purposes, to help us develop new products and services, and for other administrative and operational purposes. Users may opt-out of receiving certain communications.
Our Service collects and stores the raw data pertaining to Users as described above, including any individual identifiers and personally identifiable information (the “Raw Data”). We then use our proprietary analytics algorithms to analyze and process the Raw Data. Based on this analysis, we provide our Clients with an assessment of the relative importance of customer experience issues (“Issue Assessment”). Pursuant to providing the Service, we may combine and analyze data related to a User from multiple sources, including the data obtained across all or most of our Clients in order to compute a more comprehensive Issue Assessment. Except as provided in this Privacy Notice, we do not sell or disclose to third parties any of the Raw Data, or claim ownership of the Raw Data. We may allow our agents and contractors to assist us in storing, analyzing or processing information and ensure that their privacy and security practices are at least as stringent as ours.
We use Raw Data for our internal business purposes in operating, developing, enhancing, maintaining, supporting, and providing the Service and our other products and services, including to other Clients. All analytical results and Issue Assessments that we generate through or in connection with the Service using Raw Data, whether alone or in combination with data from other sources, are and will remain our property and may be used and disclosed by us in our discretion.
When Idiomatic Shares Data
We may share data for our everyday business purposes. This may include sharing personal information with employees, affiliates, vendors, partners and third parties as required to offer the Idiomatic Service. This includes, but is not limited to, processing tickets, maintaining Client accounts, responding to court orders and legal investigations, litigation purposes, and complying with audits or other investigations.
Idiomatic may disclose any information in our systems if we believe that doing so is legally required or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of other persons, entities, facilities, equipment or the Service. Idiomatic may transfer information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we will provide a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of information, as well as any choices we may offer regarding the information in our systems.
When Idiomatic Does Not Share Data
We don’t sell or rent any information to third parties.
Policies of our Clients
Our Clients are responsible for ensuring and maintaining their compliance with their privacy policies and other applicable terms or policies, third party contracts, rights of privacy, and any other applicable laws or regulations in connection with their use of the Service. We encourage our Clients to describe their use of the Service and other technologies that collect user information in their respective privacy notices. We also encourage everyone to view the privacy notice of any website they visit. Idiomatic is not responsible for the privacy practices of our Clients or any site we do not own or control.
Please contact Idiomatic with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our collection, use, or disclosure of information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.